Branford Hall Externship Brochure
Most Branford Hall programs include externships, providing students with "real-world" experience. Gaining this experience can help you secure your desired position within your career field.
Medical assistants perform a wide variety of clinical, administrative, and human relations functions, which keep physicians' offices, clinics, and other medical practices running smoothly.
This program is designed to provide students with a strong foundation in medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, patient care procedures, pharmacology, medical office procedures, communication skills, as well as computer skills...
Clinical duties performed by medical assistants can include:
- Taking medical histories and recording vital signs
- Explaining treatment procedures to patients
- Preparing patients for examination
- Assisting the physician during the examination
- Sterilize medical instruments
- Collect and prepare laboratory specimens
- Instruct patients about medications and special diets
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician
- Authorize drug refills as directed
- Administer EKG's
- Remove sutures
- Change dressings